- Ph.D., University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 2007
- M.A., University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 2004
- B.A., University of Alaska Anchorage, 2002
- Tests and Measures in a Multicultural Context
- Community Psychology Across Cultures
- Cross-Cultural Psychology
- Cultural Issues in Psychotherapy
- Community Practicum
- General Psychology
- Asian American Psychology
Professional & Department Service
- Director, Alaska Native Community Advancement in Psychology (ANCAP) Program
- Co-Chair, Division on Filipino Americans (DoFA) of the Asian Americn Psychological Association
- Consulting Editor Cultural Diversity and Ethnic Minority Psychology Official Journal of the Society for the Psychological Study of Ethnic Minority Issues (APA Division 45)
- Ad-Hoc Reviewer, Journal of Counseling Psychology
- Ad-Hoc Reviewer, Asian American Journal of Psychology, Official Journal of the Asian American Psychological Association
- Ad-Hoc Reviewer, American Journal of Community Psychology Offical Journal of the Society for Community Research and Action (APA Division 27)
- Ad-Hoc Reviewer, Asian Journal of Social Psychology Offical Journal of the Asian Association of Social Psychology
- Reviewer for the Initial Review Committee American Psychological Association (APA) Minority Fellowship Program (MFP)
- Reviewer for the National Multicultural Conference and Summitt (NMCS) Annual Convention
- Reviewer for the Society for the Psychological Study of Ethnic Minority Issues (APA Division 45) Program for the APA Annual Convention
- Reviewer for the Asian American Psychological Association (AAPA) Program for AAPA Annual Convention
- Ethnic Minority Psychology
- Filipino American Psychology
- Internalized Oppression and Mental Health
- Asian American/Pacific Islander Psychology
- Indigenous and Postcolonial Psychology
David, E. J. R., Pituc, S., *Paves, A. P., & Nadal, K. L. (in progress). Conquered and Divided: An Exploration of Within-Group Microaggressions among Filipino Americans.
*Robinson, R. V., David, E. J. R., & Adam, J. (under review). Pathways to resilence in the context of Somali culture and forced displacement: A mixed-methods investigation of resilience and wellbeing.
*Rainey, V. R., *Flores, V., Morrison, R. G., David, E. J. R., & Silton, R. L. (in press). Mental Health Risk Factors Associated with Childhood Language Brokering. Journal of Multilingual and Multicultural Development.
*Wong, G., *Derthick, A. O., David, E. J. R., Saw, A., & Okazaki, S. (2013). The What, the Why, and the How: A Review of Radical Microaggressions Research in Psychology. Race and Social Problems, 1-20. doi: 10.1007/s12552-013-9107-9
David, E. J. R., & Nadal, K. L. (2013). The colonial context of Filipino American Immigrants' psychological experiences. Cultural Diversity and Ethnic Minority Psychology, 19 (3), 298-309.
Nadal, K. L., *Escobar, K. M., Prado, G. T., David, E. J. R., & *Haynes, K. (2012). Racial Microaggressions and the Filipino American Experience: Recommendations for Counseling and Development. Journal of Multicultural Counseling and Development, 40, 156-173.
*Woods, T. M., *Zuniga, R., & David, E. J. R. (2012) A preliminary Report on the Relationships Between Historical Trauma, Collective Self-Esteem, and Mental Health among Alaska Native Peoples. Journal of Indigenous Research, 2, Article 1.
David, E. J. R. (2011). Cultural conflicts within and outside the family among Filipino American adolescents. Journal of Filipino Studies, 3, 1-3.
Lewis, J., *Woods, T. M., *Zuniga, R., & David, E. J. R. (2010) The Indigenous People of Alaska: Appreciating the Role of Elders in Shifting Toward a Strength-Based and Culturally-Appropriate Approach to Mental Health. Communiqué, August, XXIII-XXVII.
David, E. J. R. (2010). Testing the validity of the Colonial Mentality Implicit Association Test (CMIAT) and the interactive effects of covert and overt colonial mentality on Filipino American mental health. Asian American Journal of Psychology, 1, 31-45.
David, E. J. R. (2010). Cultural mistrust and mental health help-seeking attitudes among Filipino Americans. Asian American Journal of Psychology, 1, 57-66.
David, E. J. R., & Okazaki, S. (2010). Activation and automaticity of colonial mentality. Journal of Applied Social Psychology, 40, 850-887.
David, E. J. R., & Okazaki, S., & Saw, A. (2009). Bicultural Self-Efficacy Among College Students: Initial Scale Development and Mental Health Correlates. Journal of Counseling Psychology, 56, 211-226.
David, E. J. R. (2009). Internalized oppression, psychopathology, and cognitive-behavioral therapy among historically oppressed groups. Journal of Psychological Practice, 15, 71-103.
David, E.J.R., & Okazaki, S. (in press). Activation and automaticity of colonial mentality. Journal of Applied Social Psychology.
David, E.J.R. (2008). A colonial mentality model of depression for Filipino Americans. Cultural Diversity and Ethnic Minority Psychology, 14 (2), 118-127.
Okazaki, S., David, E.J.R., & Abelman, N. (2007). Colonialism and the psychology of culture. Social and Personality Psychology Compass, Volume 1, November.
Leong, F., Okazaki, S., & David, E.J.R. (2006). History and future of Asian American Psychology. In F. Leong, A. Inman, A. Ebreo, L. Yang, L. Kinoshita, & M. Fu (Eds.), Handbook of Asian American Psychology (2nd Ed.), pp. 11-28. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications.
David, E.J.R. (2006). Biculturalism. In Y. Jackson (Ed.), Encyclopedia of Multicultural Psychology. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications.
David, E.J.R., & Okazaki, S. (2006). The Colonial Mentality Scale (CMS) for Filipino Americans: Scale construction and psychological implications. Journal of Counseling Psychology, 53(2), 241-252.
David, E.J.R. & Okazaki, S. (2006). Colonial Mentality: A review and recommendation for Filipino American psychology. Cultural Diversity & Ethnic Minority Psychology,12(1), 1-16.
Lampman, C., Rolfe-Maloney, B., David, E.J.R., Yan, M., McDermott, N., Winters, S., Davis, J., & Lathrop, R. (2002). Messages about sex in the workplace: A content analysis of primetime television. Sexuality & Culture, 6 (4).
Hanna, V., Lampman, C., Ridout. M., & David, E.J.R. (2002). KidsCount Alaska Data Book, 2001. Institute of Social and Economic Research: University of Alaska Anchorage. (Available: www.kidscount.alaska.edu)