CAS Outstanding Faculty and Staff Awards
CAS Outstanding Faculty and Staff Awards are a way to recognize one faculty and one staff member at convocation. Each year, CAS Dean McNulty will work with an award committee, to set the focus of this award to reflect our current challenges, priorities, and goals. The nomination deadline is April 15th. Award winners will be announced at the CAS Convocation in August 2023. Awardees will receive $1,000.
CAS Outstanding Faculty and Staff "Shoutout Superstar" awards: "Engaging others to make a positive difference" The ultimate peer-to-peer appreciation award for:
- A staff member who has demonstrated the ability to go that extra step in being of assistance to others
- A faculty member who has been successful in engaging students in high impact activities which contributes to student success
Criteria for this year’s award: Each recipient should have demonstrated success in at least one area of excellence. A person who:
Has shown collegiality in day to day dealings with others
Has used their knowledge of processes and procedures to help others succeed
Exemplifies the idea of being a “team player”
Brings a positive energy to the workplace
Encourages students to see a positive way forward
Is recognized by students for their personal guidance and support
Nominations should include:
- How the nominee meets the above award criteria (in 600 words or less)
- Letters of support from faculty, staff, and/or students (maximum of 3).
- Faculty nominations: one letter of support must be from the nominee’s chair, associate dean, or director
- Staff nominations: one a letter of support must be from the nominee's supervisor
Each year, the dean will work with an award committee, to set the focus of this award to reflect our current challenges, priorities, and goals.
Responses are combined and provided to the committee composed of 4 total members: 2 faculty and 2 staff. Awardees will serve on the following year’s committee. In the first year, members will be selected from previous awardees.