Saturday, November 4th, 2023
10:00 AM - 4:00 PM
At the UAA ConocoPhillips Integrated Science Building (CPISB)
Come join us for a day of STEMulating activities!
STEM Day is an interactive event hosted at UAA to promote exciting careers in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics. All are welcome to this free event!
Lunch available for purchase from Serrano's!
We will host a variety of activities, including:
- Interactive Activities & Presentations
- Science Demonstration Shows
20+ booths with hands-on activities related to robotics, earthquakes, Alaska wildlife, DNA, human anatomy, wind power, and so much more.
Engaging demonstrations from physics and chemistry experts.
If a student completes an activity passport by visiting at least eight booths, then they can enter into a drawing for a chance to win amazing prizes!
- 10:30-11:25am - Physics Demonstration (RM 120) *
- 11:30am-12:25pm - Tour of Engineering Research Labs *
- 1:00-1:55pm - Tour of Engineering Research Labs
- 2:00-2:30pm - Chemistry Demonstration (RM 120) *
- 3:00-3:30pm - Chemistry Demonstration (RM 120)
*ASL Interpretation Provided
A tour of engineering labs with demonstrations related to structural engineering, materials science, and hydrokinetics.
11:30am-12:25pm - Tour of Engineering Research Labs
1:00-1:55pm - Tour of Engineering Research Labs
The tour of the Engineering & Industry Building will include three stops:
- Fluid Mechanics Lab Demonstration by Dr. Tom Ravens
- Materials Testing Lab Demonstration by Dr. Raghu Srinivasan
- Structures Testing Lab Demonstration by Dr. Scott Hamel
For the tour of engineering research labs, a shuttle will pick up and drop off outside the front door. Please be ready to go, lined up, at the scheduled start time.
Have questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
STEM Day is based in the UAA ConocoPhillips Integrated Science Building (CPISB). Parking is free! Please see Parking Information for details.
We would like to give a special thanks to the College of Arts & Sciences, the College of Engineering, and the College of Health for their support of UAA STEM Day.