College of Education
We prepare educators and support the lifelong learning of professionals to embrace diversity and to be intellectually and ethically strong, resilient, and passionate in their work with Alaska's learners, families, and communities.Getting Started
UAA College of Education
Our history reaches back to the first University of Alaska post-secondary education courses offered in 1954. COE has nearly 4000 alumni who have completed degrees in the field of Education. Our graduates include educators and other leaders committed to transforming lives.
With the upcoming move to a statewide College of Education, UAA COE will remain committed to you and you will be able to complete the program you started with us. Future students will be able to complete their programs in Anchorage as UA will continue to have education faculty and classes in all current locations.
Did you know?
- We consistently graduate the largest number of educators in the State of Alaska.
- We are accredited by NCATE and nationally recognized by eight specialty area educational organizations.
- We have partnerships with the Kenai Peninsula, Kodiak, and Mat-Su Colleges that allow students to pursue Early Childhood and Elementary Education programs closer to home.
- The College of Education offers programs on the main campus in Anchorage and through extensive online programs.
- Over 80% of our graduate programs are available online.
Come learn with us – the outstanding programs in the College of Education offer certificates,
bachelors and masters degrees across an array of educational programs.
Join us in engaging in the essential and exhilarating role of shaping the future. Make a difference, teach!
COE Amazing Stories
COE Students Present at the UAA Student Showcase
College of Education students Jaime Whitney, Noel Bowe, Bexley Brown, and Sophie Leshan were chosen to present at the 33rd Annual UAA Student Showcase Academic Conference.
Congratulations to the 2017 Student Showcase Awards winners recognized for their outstanding academic achievements and superior conference presentations. Award winners receive a $300 award and publication in the digital Showcase Journal.
Noel Bowe and Jaime Whitney
The JournEy Portfolio
EDEC 497: Teacher Researcher: 21st Century Classroom Technology
Faculty: Dr. Hilary Seitz
The COE Student Showcase on April 21 was a success! We had eight wonderful presentations by talented COE students. Thanks for the support of COE faculty, staff, and students!