College of Engineering Advising
The College of Engineering Advising Center provides support, information, and resources to assist students in achieving their individual educational goals.
Curious about specific academic requirements? Find undergraduate degree flowcharts here.
The Advising Center is here to:
- Work with individual students to help understand their specific needs and goals.
- Provide information about each of our programs.
- Help students understand academic standards, expectations and administrative processes at UAA.
- Offer information and advice on specific courses to assist in selection of course loads appropriate for each student.
- Connect students with appropriate resources for successful academics, involvement in student organizations, engineering career fairs, opportunities for study abroad, and life challenges.
Working with your advisor is key to your success, so all students should actively
seek advising throughout their educational journey.
Why and when do I need to see an Academic Advisor?
Timely advising is a crucial first step for all pre-major, transfer, and newly applied students, and ideally occurs before Priority Registration. Priority Registration* and other important dates and deadlines can be found at http://www.uaa.alaska.edu/records/calendar
Advisors help you become engaged in your education and guide you in developing learning habits essential for meeting your educational goals.
*NOTE: PLAN AHEAD! Academic Advisors get busier as priority registration approaches. This may make scheduling an appointment more challenging.
NEWLY ADMITTED STUDENTS, PLEASE CONTACT:
College of Engineering Student Services and Advising
To schedule an appointment with one of our advisors, call the main Advising Center