UAA Campus is Open
We are pleased to report the UAA Anchorage campus will open on Wednesday, Dec. 5, following last Friday's earthquake. The Chugiak-Eagle River Campus will remain closed, but classes will resume in alternative locations. Students should check UAOnline for their new meeting location. As you return to campus, we encourage you to check the web page uaa.alaska.edu/earthquakerecovery for important safety tips and resources about how to submit work requests to facilities for repairs. Please continue to check our Facebook and Twitter accounts for updates.
College of Engineering Student Services and Advising Center
WELCOME TO ACADEMIC ADVISING
Our Student Services staff are here to help you explore and achieve your academic goals, and navigate requirements, policies, and opportunities. We invite you to review this site to learn more about who we are and the services we offer.
COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING ADVISORS:
- Meet with individual students to help understand their specific needs and goals
- Provide information about each of our programs and requirements
- Help students understand academic standards, expectations and administrative processes at UAA
- Offer information and advice on specific courses to assist in selection of course loads, as appropriate for each student
- Connect students with appropriate resources for successful academics, involvement in student organizations, engineering career fairs, opportunities for study abroad, and life challenges
Since working with your advisor is key to your success, it's important to actively
seek academic advising throughout your educational journey.
Why and when do I need to see an Academic Advisor?
Timely advising is a required first step for all pre-major, transfer, and newly applying students, and ideally occurs before Priority Registration. Priority Registration* and other important dates and deadlines can be found at http://www.uaa.alaska.edu/records/calendar
Advisors help you become engaged in your education, and guide you in developing the learning habits essential for meeting your educational goals and staying on track. Remember, your academic progress is your personal responsibility. We are here to assist you.
*NOTE: PLAN AHEAD! Our Academic Advisors get busier as Priority Registration approaches, which may make scheduling an appointment more challenging.
Office Hours & Location: