College of Engineering Student Services and Advising Center
Office Hours & Location:
Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Engineering & Computation Building, ECB 208
3310 UAA Drive, ECB 208, Anchorage, AK 99508
UAA Academic Calendar
See the Academic Calendar for University Closures
Welcome to Academic Advising
Student services staff are here to help you navigate requirements, policies, and opportunities, and to help you explore and achieve your academic goals. Each student is an important member of the College of Engineering community - we want your experience here to be a successful one, and we look forward to speaking with you. We invite you to explore this site to learn more about who we are and the services we offer.
Our Advisors are here to:
- Work with individual students to help understand their specific needs and goals.
- Provide information about each of our programs.
- Help students understand academic standards, expectations and administrative processes at UAA.
- Offer information and advice on specific courses to assist in selection of course loads appropriate for each student.
- Connect students with appropriate resources for successful academics, involvement in student organizations, engineering career fairs, opportunities for study abroad, and life challenges.
Working with your advisor is key to your success, so all students should actively
seek advising throughout their educational journey.
Why and when do I need to see an Academic Advisor?
Timely advising is a crucial first step for all pre-major, transfer, and newly applied students, and ideally occurs before Priority Registration. Priority Registration* and other important dates and deadlines can be found at http://www.uaa.alaska.edu/records/calendar
Advisors help you become engaged in your education and guide you in developing learning habits essential for meeting your educational goals. Stay on track! We are here to assist you. Remember your academic progress is your personal responsibility.
*NOTE: PLAN AHEAD! Academic Advisors get busier as priority registration approaches. This may make scheduling an appointment more challenging.