Computer Science ABET Accreditation
The Bachelor of Science in Computer Science program is accredited by the Computing Accreditation Commission of ABET, http://www.abet.org. Program- specific Enrollment and Award Data is available here.
The computer science program has adopted the following educational program objectives for the Bachelor of Arts and the Bachelor of Science degrees in computer science. Graduates with these degrees will achieve some or all of these objectives within five years of graduation:
- Make contributions to the computing profession and apply computational solutions to solve real-world problems.
- Successfully adapt to changes in the field of computer science.
- Meet or exceed the expectations of their employers and professional mentors as computer science professionals and advance in their career.
- Be admitted to and successfully complete advanced degree programs.
- Contribute to the Alaska economy through their professional accomplishments in computing.