Matthew KupilikAssistant Professor
Colorado School of Mines, Golden, CO; Engineering Systems, Electrical Specialty; B.S.,
Colorado School of Mines, Golden, CO; Electrical Engineering; M.S., 2008
Colorado School of Mines, Golden, CO; Electrical Engineering; Ph.D., 2012
Professional & Department Service
- Developed and taught two week middle school energy curriculum for the University of Alaska Engineering Summer Academies, 2014-2015
- As an NSF GK-12 fellow, developed and implemented science lessons for local inner-city public schools, 2008-2010
- Reviewer for Journal of the Acoustical Society of America, International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, Asia Pacific Journal of Chemical Engineering, American Control Conference, IEEE Conference on Decision and Control
- Chair of Curriculum committee for the College of Engineering at the University of Alaska Anchorage, 2015-present. Member Academic Computing and Distance Education, Instructional Technology and eLearning Faculty Senate Subcommittee, University of Alaska Anchorage
- Developed and taught multiple engineering classes at all levels at UAA: EE A261 Matlab for Electrical Engineers, EE A307 Introduction to Power Systems, ES A309 Fundamentals of Electrical Engineering, EE/ME A471 Automatic Control, EE A472 Advanced Linear Systems, ENGR A161 Engineering Practices II
- M.J. Kupilik, T.L. Vincent, Control of a solid oxide fuel cell system with sensitivity to carbon formation, in: Journal of Power sources (2012).
- M.J. Kupilik, T.L.Vincent, Estimation of biogas composition in a catalytic reactor via an extended Kalman filter, in 2011 IEEE International Conference on Control Applications (CCA).
- M.J. Kupilik, T.L. Vincent, Model Predictive Control of Reformate Composition for Use in Solid Oxide Fuel Cells, in: 2012 ASME Dynamic Systems and Control Conference (DSCC)
- M.J. Kupilik, T.H. Petersen, Imaging Sonar Tracking of Salmon for Size and Tail Beat Frequency, in: IEEE Global Conference on Signal and Information Processing (2014).
- M.J. Kupilik, T.H. Petersen, Acoustic Tracking of Migrating Salmon, in: Journal of the Acoustical Society of American (2014).
Career History/Work Experience
- 2012 - Present, Assistant Professor, Dept. of Electrical Engineering, University of Alaska Anchorage, Anchorage, AK
- 2011 - 2012, Adjunct Instructor, Colorado School of Mines, Golden, CO
- 2002 - 2005, Signal Corp Officer, United States Army