Raghu SrinivasanAssistant Professor
Ph.D., Mechanical Engineering, University of Hawai‘i at Manoa, 2010
M.S., Mechanical Engineering, University of Hawai‘i at Manoa, 2005
B.Tech., Chemical and Electrochemical Engineering, CECRI, India, 2002
Materials Science and Engineering, Corrosion Processes and Engineering, Composite Materials, Manufacturing Design, Electrochemical Engineering, Fracture Mechanics, Mechanics of Materials
Professional & Department Service
- Member, National Association of Corrosion Engineers (NACE), since 2002
- Member, Electrochemical Society (ECS), since 2003
- Atmospheric corrosion of metallic and advanced materials systems.
- Materials compatibility of light alloys (Aluminum and Magnesium) with ceramics and composites, and environmental degradation of polymer-matrix composites, metal-matrix composites
- Coatings for corrosion protection
- Material selection for design and failure analysis
- Raghu Srinivasan and Lloyd Hihara, “Forms of Metallic Corrosion in Environmental Degradation of Advanced and Traditional Engineering Materials,” Lloyd H. Hihara, Ralph P.I. Adler, Ronald M. Latanision (Ed.), CRC Press Taylor and Francis Group, Florida, USA, 2013 (Book Chapter)
- Raghu Srinivasan and Lloyd Hihara, “Utilization of Hydrophobic Coatings on Insulative Skirts to Attenuate Galvanic Corrosion between Mechanically-Fastened Aluminum Alloy and Carbon-Fiber Reinforced Polymer-Matrix Composites,” Electrochemistry Communications, Volume 72 (2016).
- Raghu Srinivasan and Lloyd Hihara, “Development of Guidelines to Attenuate Galvanic Corrosion between Mechanically-Coupled Aluminum and Carbon-Fiber Reinforced Epoxy Composites using Insulation Layers,” Journal of the Electrochemical Society, Volume 162, Issue 10 (2015).
- Raghu Srinivasan and Lloyd Hihara, “Correlation of Laboratory and Field Exposure of Localized Corrosion at Magnesium-Ceramic Interfaces,” Paper No.5692, NACE International Corrosion 2015 Conference and Expo.
- Raghu Srinivasan and Lloyd Hihara, “Correlation between Field Exposure and Laboratory Corrosion Tests for Galvanic Couples between Titanium Diboride and Aluminum Using the Zero-Resistance Ammeter Technique in Humid Environments,” Electrochemical Society (ECS) Transactions, Volume 45, Issue 19 (2012).
- Raghu Srinivasan and Lloyd Hihara, “The Effects of Weather Parameters on Outdoor Corrosion Tests for Various Ceramic-Aluminum Couples," Paper No.20479, 2011 DoD Corrosion Conference
- Raghu Srinivasan and Lloyd Hihara, “Correlation Studies between Outdoor Exposure and Accelerated Laboratory Corrosion Tests for Galvanic and Non-Galvanic Couples,”ECS Transactions, Volume 16, Issue 43 (2008).