ARPA Fast Track
The ARPA Fast Track program is designed to get you to an improved work situation... pure and simple.
Invest this time to improve your training and skills, so when a good job you are interested in becomes available, you are the most qualified for the job.
About the Program
The program, funded by the Municipality of Anchorage, is designed to pay or help pay for an occupational endorsement certificate or credential from UAA or other certificates/licenses through another education provider that is based in or near Anchorage.
Specifically, the program
- Provides funds for 30 lower division credit hours or the equivalent along with associated costs up to $9,000
- Provides living expenses of up to $1,000/month for up to 9 months ($9,000)
There is an $18,000 maximum award per individual.
To be eligible for ARPA Fast Track, you must be a resident of the Anchorage Municipality and meet ONE of the following criteria:
- You received unemployment anytime from March 2020 to present
- You have been unemployed for six or more months
- You are determined to be economically disadvantaged and have not been recently enrolled in your chosen educational or training program
ARPA Fast Track is made possible through a grant of $3.1M from the Municipality of Anchorage and will run until Dec 31, 2023.
What is Required of You?
Once you are accepted into the program, you will need to complete an award agreement. While we won’t go into specifics here, the agreement is generally about making sure you are attending and making progress in your program in order to continue receiving funds.
We're Just Getting Started
There’s a lot to do in order to get this show on the road, and we’re working on it as quickly as we can. It’s important to get the word out, however, and what we’d like YOU to do is tell us you’re interested and you think you may be eligible. If we have you on our interested people list, we’ll keep you informed of our progress and let you know when we’re ready to open the “doors” and get you on your way to improved job prospects.
Contact us at email@example.com if you have questions.