On Dec. 11, our Facilities and Campus Services team was made aware of a pothole that shut down the westbound lanes of Northern Lights Boulevard between UAA Drive and Career Center Drive. It has since been upgraded to a sinkhole, and the lanes will remain closed for an undetermined amount of time while crews repair the damage. We anticipate the closure will extend through the week.
Finals week is a very stressful time for students. Students, please know that your professors have been made aware of the situation. Please communicate with them any delays you may experience due to this issue. We know this is an unexpected traffic challenge. Please take a deep breath. We want you to have a smooth and safe finals week.
Electrical Engineering 2019
Students, parents, and teachers attended the Electrical Engineering night at UAA's 2019 Journey into Engineering event series. Participants met faculty and toured several Electrical Engineering labs and interacted with several demonstrations. Watch the recorded live stream below.
- Welcome, faculty introductions, overview of Electrical Engineering discipline (13:00)
- Tour of Electrical Power and Utility Lab (26:45)
- Electricity demonstrations with student chapter of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (43:00)
- Robotics and Innovation Lab tour with UAA Robotics Club (1:01:00)
- Tour of Electromagnetics Lab with doppler radar and electrostatic speaker demos and (1:18:27)