Engineering Employment & Internships
Anchorage businesses are always looking to hire engineers, with opportunities for both graduates and current students. Check back often for updated listings!
- Alaska Department of Transportation, Entry-level Engineering Positions - DEADLINE: VARIOUS
The Alaska Department of Transportation has several entry-level engineering opportunities available at this time. Follow the link below if you are interested:
- Coastal Geologic Services, Senior Coastal Engineer (Bellingham, WA office) DEADLINE: June
Design and assist in design of projects for beach and estuarine systems focusing on coastal process restoration, habitat enhancement, beach nourishment, erosion control design, and public use utilizing beach nourishment, logs, coastal structure removal and modification, tide gate upgrades, and culverts.
- U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Engineering Technician (Civil) DEADLINE: July 10, 2018
The Alaska District is seeking to fill a construction contract negotiator position located in the Engineering, Construction, and Operations Division, Area Office, Northern Office Engineering Branch. An ideal candidate will have strong experience in vertical construction and a background in construction costs and estimating and also possess an in depth knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) as they relate to contract modifications.
- Michael Baker International, Civil Associate
The Civil Associate will perform a variety of civil engineering activities to include production of construction drawings, specifications, engineering calculations, reports, cost estimates, permit documents, and field work in support of transportation infrastructure, site civil infrastructure, pipeline, and water resources projects.
- Stinebaugh & Company, Sales Engineer
The Sales Engineer is responsible for selling custom designed HVAC equipment and systems that meet the needs of our customers. This is a technical sales position that converts engineering design requirements into accurate and detailed equipment orders.
- R&M Consultants, Staff Civil Engineer (Surface Transportation)
The Staff Civil Engineer will assist with planning and design of civil engineering projects, with an emphasis on roadways, pedestrian facilities and utility relocations. This may include preparation of reports, plans, specifications, cost estimates and bid documents for various types of design projects. Additional duties will include occasional field work for pre-design condition assessments and construction site inspections.
- R&M Consultants, Project Engineer (Surface Transportation)
As a member of the R&M team, the Project Engineer will be responsible for performing analysis and design tasks related to surface transportation projects. Tasks generally include initiating and developing technical design concepts and details, studies and recommended design solutions, and preparing final plans, specifications and cost estimates in accordance with the appropriate design standards. During construction, tasks typically include technical support, submittal reviews and milestone site inspections.
- Stephl Engineering, Entry Level Civil Engineer
Stephl Engineering, an Anchorage civil engineering firm, has an opening for a candidate meeting the following requirements:
Civil Engineering graduate, or graduating in the next 6 months
0 – 2 years of experience
Willing to work long days and occasional weekends in the field
If interested, please send your resume to: email@example.com.
- Orica, Manufacturing Team Lead
General management of the explosives manufacturing plant, raw material and finished goods inventory, plant personnel, plant fixed costs and plant assets at the Salcha, AK location. Ensure that all aspects of the manufacturing plant are safe, efficient and effective. Participation in the development and implementation of strategic plans to improve manufacturing operations, inventory management processes and local supply chain activities for Orica.
- T3 Alaska, LLC, Mechanical Engineer
T3 Alaska, LLC is an engineering firm, located in Anchorage, and is seeking a professional mechanical engineer. Four plus years' experience required in the HVAC design field. P.E. license desicred. They are looking for a hardworking, efficient engineer to join their growing firm. They offer competititive pay and benefits.
Please email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
- ANTHC Environmental Health & Engineering, internship
ANTHC's Environmental Health & Engineering is offering a paid internship for an individual interested in Survey & Geomatics
The survey intern will:
- Gain on the job training from experienced members of the survey department both in the office and out in the field
- Work collaboratively with civil engineers, computer aided drafters, and construction professionals
- Gain knowledge in the use of survey equipment including GPS, total stations, levels, scanners, and drones
- Work in an active and rapidly changingwork environment
- Have the opportunity to pair academic knowledge with hands-on skills
- Doyon Utilities, GIS Intern
This is a temporary, full time position limited to 1,000 hours, working to edit, create, and populate a geodatabase using ESRI ArcGIS software. The GIS Intern is responsible for GIS surveying of Utility Systems. This position will verify the accuracy of collected data by producing maps, records or other documents.
- HDL Engineering Consultants, Paid Summer Internships
HDL Engineering Consultants, LLC is hiring two interns this summer to collect traffic data in Anchorage.
- Arctic Domain Awareness Center, Summer Internships
The Arctic Domain Awareness Center (ADAC) educational programs, including the summer Minority Serving Institutions (MSI) Program, are designed to contribute to the growth of a highly skilled workforce for Homeland Security agencies, and through ADAC-related research, to contribute to the capabilities of U.S. Coast Guard operators to provide disaster relief, search and rescue, and humanitarian aid in the Arctic.
The MSI Internship Program seeks qualified undergraduate students to participate as research interns in ADAC-sponsored projects. The 10-week program provides a stipend and travel expenses, as appropriate.
Click ADAC MSI Summer Internships for more details.
Apply on-line at https://goo.gl/forms/zcA185Z19vAvZdtq1
- Quantum Spatial, Part-time InternQuantum Spatial is seeking a tehnical intern! Technical interns are involved in the day-to-day operations of data production and are embedded within a production team, and will aid in the processing and classification of remote sensing data and general operational efforts to support team functionality. This individual will learn to produce accurate and precise data products in a consistent and timely manner, and have a strong interest and aptitude for working with geospatial data.