University of Alaska Anchorage
The College of Health is an academic center of excellence and the diversity of faculty,
staff, and students reflects the diversity of Alaska.
For more information on Diversity at UAA visit: Campus Diversity and Compliance.
College of Health Diversity Committee
The Diversity Committee was established for the purpose of promoting proportionate representation of Alaska’s diverse populations at every level of endeavor within the College, in accordance with the College’s Comprehensive Plan.
Purpose and Scope (pdf)
Recruitment and Retention
The following resources are available on recruitment and retention:
- Meeting the Diversity Challenge in Recruiting (pdf)
- Recruitment Tips (pdf)
- Recruiting a Diverse Faculty (Bibliography) (pdf)
- Best Practices in Recruiting and Retaining Diverse Faculty (pdf)
- University of Michigan Workshop on Faculty Recruitment (pdf)
- Arizona Tips for Recruiting a Diverse Faculty (pdf)
- Tips for Recruiting A Diverse Faculty (pdf)
Research and Grant
MCHB and MCHB-Funded Resources
- Goode, T., & Jones, W. (2006). A guide for advancing family-centered and culturally and linguistically competent care. Washington, DC: National Center for Cultural Competence, Georgetown University Center for Child and Human Development.
MCH Diversity Plan Indicators
For more information about the College of Health Diversity, contact:
Executive Administrative Assistant
Dean's Office, PSB 205