College of Health News
Media Inquiries: Henry Randolph, email@example.com, (907) 786-1815
- Fall 2019 nursing pre-major information sessionsAttend a nursing pre-major information session to learn more about our nursing programs and how to apply.
- Taking a leap of faith from courthouse to hospitalLearn about Tyler Morris' journey to his second career path from justice to nursing.
- Mental health literacy and first aidListen to Jill Ramsey, Behavioral Health Training Coordinator at the Center for Human Development, discuss the importance of Mental Health First Aid.
- Sexual assault victim-survivors have opportunity to shape better response system through
UAA Justice Center ProjectLearn about Dr. Ingrid Johnson's project to help create a better system of justice in Alaska for those who report sexual assault.
- Research tracking tick increase in AlaskaLearn about Dr. Micah Hahn's collaborative research with state agencies and the University of Alaska to create a database to monitor the spread of the arachnids.
- Pilot program offers nursing forensic trainingLearn about a brand new UAA-program that seeks to train healthcare providers on the proper way to collect forensic evidence to help victims of violence seek justice.
- A new branch of the social work treeLearn about UAA Alumni Rebecca Barker's innovative approach to connecting Anchorage's most vulnerable populations to the services they need.
- Get ready for the UAA College of Health Degree DashListen to faculty from the College of Health talk about the 2019 Degree Dash on Anchorage Community Magazine.
- Traditional foods feed the spirit.Listen to UAA College of Health Assistant Professor of Dietetics & Nutrition Melissa Chlupach discuss the importance of subsistence foods in Elder care.
- Veterans' healthListen to Dr. Vanessa Meade from UAA's Social Work program discuss the unique challenges facing Alaska's veterans.
- What happened when Juneau took fluoride out of the drinking water?Read about Dr. Jennifer Meyer's research regarding Juneau's decision to remove fluoride from their water.
- Statewide grant helps Alaskans with disabilities become their own bossWatch KTVA's coverage of the Alaska Training Cooperative's program that helps to economically empower Alaskans with disabilities.
- UAA dental students offer clinic to gain real world experienceWatch KTUU's story about the UAA Dental Clinic.
- Alaska's healthcare workforceListen to UAA's Director of Nursing Dr. Marianne Murray and School of Nursing Student President Rachel Tompson discuss millennial in the healthcare workforce.
- Bernie's Pharmacy funds scholarship for UAA studentsRead about the award to the Class of 2022 from the Klouda Memorial scholarship.
- UAA introduces new class on healthcare jobsWatch KTVA's coverage of UAA's new HLTH 151 course that let's students try on different healthcare professions.
- Alaska projects massive nursing shortageRead about how the UAA College of Health is working to increase Alaska's nursing healthcare workforce.
- UAA Justice Center works for data-driven public policy on sexual assault investigationsListen to Dr. Ingrid Johnson and Dr. Brad Myrstol discuss the work of the UAA Justice Center on Alaska Public Media's Justice Alaska on Hometown Alaska.
- The emerging science of addressing violence, healthcare and law enforcementListen to Dr. Ingrid Johnson, Dr. Angelia Trujillo, and Dr. Brad Mystrol discuss the intersection of healthcare, victims rights, and the justice system on Alaska Public Media's Talk of Alaska.