The Alaska Health Education Summit
Ready to start your path to a health care career? Join us to explore degrees in high-demand fields, get the tools and insight you need for a winning application, and get ready for a career making Alaska healthier! In previous years this event has been hosted as the WWAMI PreMed Summit, and it's now expanding to include a wide range of fields related to health and well-being.
Date: Saturday, March 28
Time: all day (exact times TBD)
Location: Online attendance via videoconference
Registration is free—reserve your spot now!
Hosted by the University of Alaska Anchorage’s WWAMI School of Medical Education and College of Health, the Health Education Summit offers information to anyone wanting to learn more about the process of becoming a health professional, including students, parents, school counselors and advisors. Join us to explore the wide range of health education programs offered at UAA, learn about the application process, and get tips on becoming a competitive applicant.
The Health Education Summit is geared towards high school students, current undergraduate students, and anyone who is considering returning to school or pursuing a career change!
Participants will have the opportunity to:
- Listen to keynote speakers
- Join breakout sessions geared toward high school students, undergraduates and non-traditional students.
- Participate in a mock interview like what you will experience when applying to programs
- Visit a wide-range of informational tables hosted by event sponsors
- Enjoy a provided continental breakfast and lunch
- Win door prizes
- Tour the facilities of UAA's health programs
Day-of registration will be available in the Wendy Williamson Auditorium starting at 8:30AM.
If you have questions, please contact Alida van Almelo at email@example.com.