The Alaska Health Education Summit
Thanks to everyone who joined us at the 2020 Alaska Health Education Summit on March 28!
You can watch recordings of all of summit's presentations on the College of Health's YouTube channel.
If you have questions about the event, please contact Alida van Almelo at email@example.com.
Hosted by the University of Alaska Anchorage’s WWAMI School of Medical Education and College of Health, the Health Education Summit offers information to anyone wanting to learn more about the process of becoming a health professional, including students, parents, school counselors and advisors. Attendees can explore the wide range of health education programs offered at UAA, learn about the application process, and get tips on becoming a competitive applicant.
The Health Education Summit is geared towards high school students, current undergraduate students, and anyone who is considering returning to school or pursuing a career change!
Participants have the opportunity to:
- Listen to keynote speakers
- Join breakout sessions geared toward high school students, undergraduates and non-traditional students.
- Participate in a mock interview like what you will experience when applying to programs
- Visit a wide-range of informational tables hosted by event sponsors
- Enjoy a provided continental breakfast and lunch
- Win door prizes
- Tour the facilities of UAA's health programs