Nuka Primary Care Fellowship
Southcentral Foundation’s Nuka Primary Care Fellowship is an 11-month program that offers students a unique opportunity to work with improvement teams and integrated care teams on various improvement projects in both rural and urban health care settings. Southcentral Foundation’s Nuka System of Care (“Nuka”) is a relationship-based, customer-owned approach to transforming health care, improving outcomes and reducing costs. It is recognized as one of the world’s leading examples of health care redesign.
Through mentored experiences and process improvement projects, the fellow will have an opportunity to directly impact how care is delivered at Southcentral Foundation. The area of focus for this fellowship is health care improvement with a goal of developing an upcoming generation of physician-leaders in primary care.
- Explore another side of health care in SCF’s Nuka System of Care, a Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award recipient
- Participate in SCF’s unique Core Concepts Workshop, a relationship-based communications training
- Gain direct experience in health care improvement
- Attend five days of SCF’s Quality Management Courses taught by improvement leaders
- Lead health care innovation initiatives with a dynamic, multi-disciplinary team of experts
A competitive stipend is available.
- Student in good standing with their college and who has at least completed their second year OR Medical resident in good standing
- Demonstrate an interest in health care innovation and pursuing a health care career in primary care
Applications for the 2017-2018 fellowship are now closed. Applications for the next opportunity will open in August 2017.
For more information, contact:
4085 Tudor Centre Drive
Anchorage, AK 99508
Phone: (907) 729-NUKA (6852)