The Alaska Training Cooperative
The Alaska Training Cooperative (AKTC) is a statewide cooperative effort to address workforce training needs.
The AKTC promotes career development opportunities for direct support professionals, supervisors, and professionals in the field engaged with Alaska Mental Health Trust Authority beneficiaries*, by ensuring that technical assistance and training is accessible and coordinated.
In addition, the AKTC is dedicated to collaborating with Alaskan communities to train rural behavioral health care providers by blending evidence-based practices with traditional wisdom.
*Beneficiary groups include: developmental disabilities, mental illness, chronic substance abuse, Alzheimer’s and related dementia.
- Goal 1 – Facilitate and maintain coordination and collaboration of training entities.
- Goal 2 – Technical assistance support will continue to be implemented to address training opportunities, training needs and gaps identified by providers serving Trust beneficiaries.
- Goal 3 – Document and report training data.
- Goal 4 – Increase and enhance evidence-based training delivery.
- Goal 5 – Increase availability of quality training that equips the home & community based and behavioral health workforce to provide culturally attuned services throughout Alaska and for our unique Alaska Native populations.
AKTC Learning Management System (LMS)
The Alaska Training Cooperative (AKTC) LMS is a collaborative effort from the University of Alaska, the Mental Health Trust Authority, and Trust Beneficiary providers statewide. It is a web-based catalog of both face-to-face and distance training opportunities in the state of Alaska.
- Web-based system that offers a one-stop shop for various types of professional training opportunities
- FREE to sign-up as a AKTC LMS User
- Online Catalog of available trainings statewide and free listings
- On-line registration and payment for AKTC sponsored trainings that have a fee
- On-line, virtual classroom, and Instructor-led courses
- E-Portfolio: Tracking of a User’s trainings, conferences and educational participation
AKTC Fairbanks Office
Specializing in Behavioral Health Training
The AKTC Fairbanks Office hosts the AKTC’s non-academic training program primarily to support behavioral health providers who serve or reside in rural Alaska. The focus is on mid and upper-level practitioners in its collaborative relationship with the AKTC Anchorage Office whose focus is primarily on direct service providers. The AKTC Fairbanks Office serves BA level providers with a focus on master’s degree professionals and above. There are training activities and participant levels that overlap between the Fairbanks and Anchorage Offices and generally anyone is welcome to attend the AKTC’s variety of training activities.
The AKTC is dedicated to collaborating with Alaskan communities to train rural behavioral health care providers by blending evidence based practices with traditional wisdom.
- Continuing Education Trainings for Licensed Behavioral Health Providers and Supervisors
- We Are All Elders in Training Summit
- Local, state, regional, and national behavioral health entities