Occupational Endorsement Certificates

Occupational endorsement certificates (OECs) are certificates requiring 29 or fewer credits to complete. These certificates provide the specialized knowledge and skills needed in specific employment sectors. Certificates will be noted on the student’s transcript upon completion and after approval by the academic department. 

Graduation Requirements
  1. Apply online to the University of Alaska Anchorage for the Occupational Endorsement Certificate.
  2. Satisfy the General University Requirements for Occupational Endorsement Certificates found in the UAA Catalog.
  3. Complete the required courses with a grade of C or better.
  4. Apply for graduation through UAOnline the semester in which you complete the above requirements.  There is no charge for applying to graduate.  Application deadlines can be found at Office of the Registrar: Dates and Deadlines

AAS and BHS Students

Coursework used to complete each OEC may also apply to undergraduate degrees. Students who are pursing the Human Services associate and baccalaureate degrees may be able to complete either the Conflict Resolution OEC or the Children's Behavioral Health OEC without taking additional courses by choosing OEC courses as HUMS Electives.
Please contact your Human Services Academic Advisor for details.


Back to top