You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
Case Western Reserve University guaranteed law school scholarship program
Qualified UAA students who are admitted to Case Western Reserve University School of law through their standard admissions process will be provided a scholarship by virtue of being UAA students, contingent upon enrolling at the law school. Admission to the law school is not guaranteed for students who meet the eligibility criteria set forth below, but students who meet the eligibility criteria and are admitted to CWRU School of Law will be assured of receiving at a minimum the financial assistance package also outlined below. This financial assistance will be renewed for each of the three years the student is enrolled in law school, provided the student remains in good standing.
In order to be eligible to receive the financial assistance contemplated by this program, UAA students applying to the CWRU School of Law must meet the following criteria:
- The student must graduate from UAA prior to enrollment in law school with a GPA in the top 50% of the graduating class and at least a 150/180 score on the Law School Admissions Test (LSAT). For applicants taking the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) in lieu of the LSAT, the applicant’s GRE score will be evaluated in a manner that ensures a holistic assessment of the applicant’s entire record.
- The applicant must also meet all other CWRU School of Law admission criteria. Additional admissions criteria require a showing of outstanding personal development, including, but not limited to: involvement and leadership in undergraduate activities and community programs, scholarly pursuits and research, artistic or athletic activities, or other experiences that further add to an applicant’s personal growth. In addition, the applicant must have maintained personal and academic integrity, including with respect to online materials of the applicant. All applicants will be subject to character and fitness review by the CWRU Law Admissions Committee, which may vote to deny or withdraw the offer of admission based on character and/or fitness concerns.
- UAA students applying to the CWRU School of Law will receive a waiver of the LSAC Credential Assembly Service fee for their application.
and additional benefits
UAA students who apply and are admitted to and who enroll in the CWRU School of Law will receive the following financial assistance and other benefits:
- A scholarship that covers at least 50% of CWRU School of Law tuition rate in effect for the forthcoming school year, contingent on payment of the applicant’s share of the tuition rate.
- All scholarships awarded are for three consecutive academic years, provided the student remains in good academic standing.
- An accepted applicant can enroll tuition-free in the CWRU Law School Criminal Law course held just before the commencement of their first academic law school year.
- An accepted applicant accepting a first-choice seat at CWRU Law School will be provided their required textbooks for their first semester at no cost to the graduate.
- The student will be assigned a mentor.
- Upon completion of the Fall semester at CWRU Law School with a minimum GPA of 3.0, the student will be guaranteed a summer law clerk placement or a minimum $2,000 CWRU Law School-provided stipend for an unpaid summer position with a nonprofit or government agency in the event no other funding is available.
- In the third year at CWRU School of Law, the student will receive $1,000 to help cover the costs of a commercial bar prep course under the then-applicable terms of the CWRU School of Law bar-stipend program.