You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
A Discussion of Community Policing in Anchorage
The Anchorage Police Department has recently increased community policing efforts, including adding foot patrols in some areas around Anchorage. Anchorage Police Department and community leaders discussed current efforts at reducing crime, reducing fear of crime, and improving police-community relations. The free public event was held on Tuesday, March 21, 2017 at the UAA/APU Consortium Library on the campus of University of Alaska Anchorage (UAA) and was sponsored by the UAA Justice Center and UAA Justice Club.
Read about it
"New plan to strengthen trust between police and community"
UAA Justice Center blog
March 28, 2017
- Capt. Sean Case, Anchorage Police Department
- Mayor Ethan Berkowitz, Municipality of Anchorage
- Sgt. Brian Williams, Anchorage Police Department Employees Association
- Jamie Boring, Executive Director, Anchorage Downtown Partnership, Ltd.
- Nora Morse, Special Assistant to Mayor Ethan Berkowitz