SAFETY ALERT: If you are in immediate danger, call 911. If you feel unsafe while viewing information on this page, click the Site Safety Exit button or press ESC on your keyboard to immediately exit the site. Click here for Alaska resources in your area.
Note: Clicking the Site Safety Exit button (or pressing ESC) brings up a Google search page so that it’s not immediately noticeable to an abuser that the user has been visiting our site. However, using the button will not clear our site from the user’s browser history or from the "back" button.
The 2013 Alaska Victimization Survey for the Matanuska-Susitna Borough was conducted from April to July 2013, and results were released on October 8, 2013 in Wasilla. Findings include:
- 53% of adult women in the Matanuska-Susitna Borough have experienced intimate partner violence, sexual violence or both, in their lifetime;
- 9% have experienced intimate partner violence, sexual violence or both, in the past year;
- More than 3 out of every 10 adult women in the Matanuska-Susitna Borough have experienced sexual violence in their lifetime; and
- More than 4 out of every 10 have experienced intimate partner violence in their lifetime.
- Alaska Victimization Survey results show that over half of adult women in the Matanuska-Susitna
Borough have experienced intimate partner violence or sexual violence or both
Oct 8, 2013 — UAA Justice Center Blog
In order to view PDF files on your computer, you must have a PDF reader program installed. If you do not already have such a reader, you can download a free reader at Adobe's website: Download Adobe Acrobat Reader Software