Nome Census Area
SAFETY ALERT: If you are in immediate danger, call 911. If you feel unsafe while viewing information on this page, click the Site Safety Exit button or press ESC on your keyboard to immediately exit the site. Find Alaska resources in your area.
Note: Clicking the Site Safety Exit button (or pressing ESC) brings up a Google search page so that it’s not immediately noticeable to an abuser that the user has been visiting our site. However, using the button will not clear our site from the user’s browser history or from the "back" button.
Nome Census Area
The 2014 Alaska Victimization Survey for the Nome Census Area was conducted from April to June 2014, and results were released on February 11, 2015 in Nome. Findings include:
- 51% of adult women in the Nome Census Area have experienced intimate partner violence, sexual violence or both, in their lifetime;
- 11% have experienced intimate partner violence, sexual violence or both, in the past year;
- More than 3 out of every 10 adult women in the Nome Census Area have experienced sexual violence in their lifetime; and
- More than 4 out of every 10 have experienced intimate partner violence in their lifetime.
- Alaska Victimization Survey results show that more than half of adult women in the
Nome Census Area have experienced intimate partner violence or sexual violence or
Feb 11, 2015 — UAA Justice Center Blog
In order to view PDF files on your computer, you must have a PDF reader program installed. If you do not already have such a reader, you can download a free reader at Adobe's website: Download Adobe Acrobat Reader Software