SAFETY ALERT: If you are in immediate danger, call 911. If you feel unsafe while viewing information on this page, click the Site Safety Exit button or press ESC on your keyboard to immediately exit the site. Find Alaska resources in your area.
Note: Clicking the Site Safety Exit button (or pressing ESC) brings up a Google search page so that it’s not immediately noticeable to an abuser that the user has been visiting our site. However, using the button will not clear our site from the user’s browser history or from the "back" button.
The 2012 Alaska Victimization Survey for the Yukon-Kuskokwim Delta was conducted from March to May 2012, and results were released on October 22, 2012 in Bethel. Findings include:
- Over half of adult women in the Yukon-Kuskokwim Delta have experienced intimate partner violence, sexual violence or both, in their lifetime;
- Nearly 17% have experienced intimate partner violence, sexual violence or both, in the past year;
- One out of every four adult women in the Yukon-Kuskokwim Delta have experienced sexual violence in their lifetime; and
- More than four out of every 10 have experienced intimate partner violence in their lifetime.
- Victimization survey results show that over half of adult women in the Yukon-Kuskokwim
Delta have experienced intimate partner violence or sexual violence or both
Oct 22, 2012 — UAA Justice Center Blog
October 22, 2012 press conference releasing results of the 2012 Alaska Victimization Survey for the Yukon-Kuskokwim Delta
Pictured (left to right): Dr. André Rosay, UAA Justice Center; Michelle DeWitt, Executive Director, Tundra Women's Coalition; Lauree Morton, Executive Director, Council on Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault (CDVSA); Katie TePas, Office of the Governor, State of Alaska.
In order to view PDF files on your computer, you must have a PDF reader program installed. If you do not already have such a reader, you can download a free reader at Adobe's website: Download Adobe Acrobat Reader Software