Coronavirus information

In response to the COVID-19 global pandemic, the University of Alaska Anchorage has taken steps to protect the health and safety of our campus community. Visit the University of Alaska Coronavirus Information website to learn how UAA and the university system are responding to this situation. Find links to communications, policy guidance, resources and information about the university's community restrictions, which apply to all faculty, staff and students. The UAA Student Health and Counseling Center remains open at this time to serve UAA students. For information about COVID-19 symptoms and current health recommendations, visit the CDC website and the Alaska Department of Health and Social Services.


Department of Health Sciences | UndergraduatesUNDERGRADUATES > ADVISING & DECLARING A HS MAJOR


All students interested in pursuing the Bachelor of Science in Health Sciences degree should seek advising from Carey Brown in the College of Health Advising Office ( / 907-786-4417). With Mr. Brown’s help, the first step is to declare a “Pre-Major in Health Sciences” and design your schedule.

Once students have completed the three course introduction to health sciences sequence (HS 220: Core Concepts in the Health Sciences, HS 230: Introduction to Global Health, and HS 326: Introduction to Epidemiology) with grades of B or better and documented 20 hours of community service in a health-related non-profit, they will be eligible to change from Pre-Major to Full Major status.

To change from Pre-Major to Full Major, schedule an appointment with Carey Brown in the College of Health Advising Office ( / 907-786-4417). Full Majors will transfer to an advisor in the Department of Health Sciences, for upper-division advising.