You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
Dental Hygiene Program
Prerequisite Course Requirements
The following courses must be completed prior to submitting an application to the UAA Dental Hygiene program in order to be considered for selection into the dental hygiene core curriculum. Prospective students can anticipate completing prerequisite coursework in 1-2 academic years, depending on math placement.
Complete science prerequisite courses with a grade 'C' or better by the program application deadline:
- BIOL A111/L Human Anatomy and Physiology I (4 credits)
- BIOL A112/L Human Anatomy and Physiology II (4 credits)
- BIOL A240 Microbiology for Health Sciences (4 credits)*
- CHEM A103 Survey of Chemistry (3) and CHEM A103L Survey of Chemistry Laboratory (1 credit)* or CHEM A105 General Chemistry I (3) and CHEM A105L General Chemistry I Laboratory
- CHEM A104 Introduction to Organic Chemistry and Biochemistry (3 credits)) and CHEM A104L Introduction to Organic and Biochemistry Lab (1 credit)*
Complete non-science prerequisite courses with a grade 'C' or better by the program application deadline:
- COMM A111 Fundamentals of Oral Communication, COMM A235 Small Group Communication, COMM A237 Interpersonal Communication, or COMM A241 Public Speaking (3 credits)
- WRTG A111 Writing Across Contexts, WRTG A211 Writing and the Humanities, WRTG A212 Writing and the Professions (recommended), WRTG A213 Writing and the Sciences, or WRTG A214 Arguing Across Contexts (3 credits)
- PSY A111 General Psychology or PSY A150 Lifespan Development (3 credits)
- SOC A101 Introduction to Sociology, SOC A201 Social Problems and Solutions (3 credits)