Associate's Degree Admissions Requirements
- Apply to UAA as a degree-seeking student. Students are encouraged to apply as a Diagnostic Medical Sonography (DMS) pre-major as their first or second degree program choice.
- Meet with an academic advisor to develop an academic plan.
- Meet all prerequisites listed in UAA Catalog for the DMS program.
- Complete a DMS application (procedure listed below).
- Submit an online DMS program application.
- Provide a copy of current Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers certification.
- Provide a current, certified immunization record, or immunization form.
- Submit observation forms showing a minimum of 12 hours of sonographer observation spanning three days at two different imaging facilities/locations.
- If selected, appear before a student selection panel for an interview*.
- Once admitted, and prior to the program start, submit to a national-level criminal background check.
*Applicants selected for interview are encouraged to interview in-person at the Anchorage campus; however, distance interviews may be conducted via video conferencing as needed.
2019 Application Period
April 1 at 7:30 am through May 3 at 4:30 pm
2019 Interview Date
Applicant interviews are expected to be conducted on May 13 and May 14.