Dietetic Internship Application Procedure
To apply to the internship, individuals must complete a bachelor's degree and prerequisite course requirements including receipt of an ACEND-accredited DPD verification statement prior to starting the Dietetic Internship. Applications are reviewed on a pre-select basis from UAA Dietetic majors. Up to eight (8) students who meet all the requirements will be considered for the UAA Dietetic Internship. If internship spots are available after the application cycle, the UAA Dietetic Internship will open to those outside of UAA and participate in the national application process that has an application deadline of February 15th annually.
- Be a declared UAA Bachelor of Science Dietetic major, with a graduation date of no later than May of the following year. BS Dietetics degree must be completed before starting the Dietetic Internship program.
- Complete all undergraduate coursework at all undergraduate institutions with a cumulative 3.0 GPA or above.
- Current UAA students vs. outside applicants deadlines:
- Current UAA students should submit an online application to UAA Office of Admissions with all required documents by November 1st. Only current UAA students or UAA graduates are eligible to apply for the November 1st deadline.
- Applicants outside of the UAA program must also submit an online application to the UAA Office of Admissions with all required documents by February 15th. Applicants outside of the UAA program must have a minimum of a Bachelor's Degree and an ACEND-accredited DPD verification statement.
- Two options available:
- Graduate Certificate Dietetic Internship (dietetic internship only)
- MS Dietetics & Nutrition (combined dietetic internship and graduate degree) If you are completing your bacheor's degree outside of UAA, confirm with Dr. King that this is an option for you.
Personal Statement. Tell the selection committee about you, why you would like to enter the Dietetic Internship Program, why dietetics is the right profession for you, and how you stand out among your peers. Make sure to highlight your passions, strengths, and unique qualities that will help the UAA Dietetic Internship Program and profession grow.
For applicants outside of the UAA program, please rank your geographic preference for up to 27 weeks in Kodiak, Sitka, or Fairbanks.
Letters of Recommendations. Please submit the email addresses for two professional references when you apply online at UAA Admissions. All recommendations must come from professional sources; and if possible, at least one from a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist. Your references will receive a form to complete electronically. Individuals providing letters of recommendation should be able to speak to your academic and/or work performance.
Video Interview Presentation. As part of the application, applicants are required to provided a video recorded presentation addressing specific questions. This provides the selection committee an opportunity to learn more about you as an applicant. You will submit the URL to your video presentation online with your UAA Admissions application.
Volunteer and Work Experience Form. This form is available through the online application process.
For questions, please contact:
Carrie King, PhD, RD, LD, CDE
UAA Dietetics & Nutrition
All required materials must be submitted by November 1st.