MS in Dietetics and Nutrition
The MS in Dietetics and Nutrition Master’s Degree Track provides additional study in dietetics and nutrition for RDNs currently registered through the Commission on Dietetic Registration.
- Satisfy admission requirements for graduate degrees.
- Copy of current RD/RDN credential from the Commission on Dietetic Registration.
- Letter of application, addressing the following items:
- Significant professional or volunteer responsibilities you have held,
- Professional goals and reasons for desiring to enroll in this program,
- Strengths that will help you succeed in this program and in reaching your professional goals,
- Personal interests in research and dietetics and nutrition,
- Research is required for all students in this program, either through a graduate project
or thesis. List the top two choices of DN faculty member you would most like to work
with for academic advising. The DN faculty professional and research interests are
- Dr. Carrie King’s (email@example.com, 907-786-6597): evidence-based practice, research involvement, research capacity building, research self-efficacy, profession of dietetics, dietetics education, practice-based research, culinary medicine, culinary literacy, pediatric nutrition, diabetes
- Dr. Amanda Walch (firstname.lastname@example.org, 907-786-1362): diet quality, community-based participatory research (CBPR), public health, traditional foods, food security, nutrition education, nutrition counseling
- Provide any previous names your application materials may be submitted under.
- Current resume or CV, including documentation of the following:
- Paid work experience(s)
- Volunteer or community service experience(s)
- Professional organization membership(s)
- Two letters of recommendation that meet the following criteria:
- Letters must address prior academic, work or volunteer experience, with evidence of ability and willingness to work productively.
- Individuals who are qualified to address your professional, volunteer or academic experience and abilities.
- Written by a non-personal reference (i.e., not a family friend) and non-UAA DN faculty.
- When you complete your application using the online process through the UAA Office of Admissions, you will enter the contact information for your references. References will recieve an email with a link and form to complete.
- A video interview presentation is required. Provide the URL to your video presentation in the letter of application (indicate if there is any type of password required for access). It is highly recommended that you have someone verify that your video is accessible from a user/computer other than yourself.