Limited Radiography, OEC
This program prepares students to work as limited radiographers with knowledge of the curriculum content identified by the American Society of Radiologic Technologists (ASRT).
Student Learning Outcomes
- Entry-level knowledge and skills for employment as a limited radiographer.
- Proficiency in the performance of limited radiographic procedures.
- Meet statewide staffing needs.
Occupational Endorsement Certificate Requirements
- Students must be at least 18 years or older.
- Students must earn a satisfactory grade (C or higher) in all required courses:
- RADT A101 Radiation Protection and Biology for Limited Radiography Professionals (3)
- RADT A102 Principles of Radiography for Limited Practice I (3)
- RADT A103 Radiographic Procedures for Limited Practice II (3)
- RADT A104 Radiographic Procedures for Limited Practice III (2)
A total of 11 credits are required for this certificate. NOTE: Students must take RADT A101 before they can register for any other courses in the sequence.
Students wishing to pursue the certificate in Limited Radiography must have a clinical site in order to participate in this program. It is the responsibility of the student to secure their clinical site. UAA's Medical Imaging Sciences Department is not responsible for securing a clinical facility for students enrolled in the program. The clinical site must have a PA, Radiologist or Registered Radiographer on staff.
The occupational endorsement certificate is not contingent upon the student passing any type of external certification or licensure examination.
This certificate does not lead to the AAS degree in Radiologic Technology, nor do the limited radiography courses meet any AAS Radiologic Technology degree requirements.