Frequently Asked Questions

  • What is an OEC?
    Occupational Endorsement Certificates (OECs) are certificates requiring 29 or fewer credits to complete. These certificates provide the specialized knowledge and skills needed in specific employment sectors. OECs are noted on transcripts. To qualify for admission to an occupational endorsement certificate program a student must have one of the following: Earned a high school diploma, GED, or at least 60 college level semester credits; or Be 18 years of age or older and have participated in UAA's Ability to Benefit Process (see UAA Catalog for details).
  • How do I apply?
    Students are required to apply for admission to the University of Alaska Anchorage. Students are encouraged to apply directly to the Occupational Endorsement in Limited Radiography during the admissions process. Limited Radiography classes have a departmental block placed on them and students must have permission from the instructor or other authorized staff member prior to registration. For information on how to register, please contact the Medical Imaging Science department at (907) 786-6929.
  • What kind of job can I get as a limited radiographer?
    Generally, graduates do not seek employment as a limited radiographer.  The limited radiography program is designed to act as supplemental training for current healthcare providers who may need to, on occasion, take radiographic images.
  • How long does it take to complete the program?
    Generally, students in the limited radiography program are working full-time and therefore complete one class at a time over four academic semesters (approximately 2 years).  Students may accelerate the program upon approval from the faculty advisor.