24 Seats in Clinical Core Courses Annually
100% Graduate Satisfaction
100% Employer Satisfaction
CMA (AAMA) exam pass rate 92.31%
- 40 credit Certified Medical Assistant Prepartion
- 60 credit Associate of Applied Science Degree.
- Artculated pathway that transitions gradduates from CMA Exam to associate's degree without loss of credit.
- Annual selection process for clinical core courses with priority deadline of May 15
- 6-week clinical externship durig the summer
- Graduates are elgible for Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) exam.
- In-demand job field with potential future occupational growth
Is medical assisting right for you?
In order to perform medical assisting duties, a student should have good manual dexterity, visual ability to locate patient veins and interpret color changes, and good hearing acuity. Most medical assistants should be able to lift in order to assist patients, and be able to bend, reach, and kneel; many medical assistants are required to stand for long periods of time. Other employment opportunities for which the Medical Assisting program provides training include medical transcriptionist, medical receptionist, medical coder, and health insurance specialist.
Message from the Director
Welcome to the UAA Medical Assisting Program! As a graduate of the UAA Medical Assisting program in 2005, I know how valuable Medical Assistants are in the world of ambulatory health. The mission of the UAA Medical Assisting Program is to provide quality training to individuals desiring to work in the fast-paced, highly technical, ever-changing field of medical assisting. It is an honor to be teaching students in the field of Medical Assisting in the beautiful state of Alaska.
--Andria Cross, CMA (AAMA), PBT (ASCP), B.S. Health Science