You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
Department Application Requirements
4. Provide High School Diploma or GED equivalency and completion of appropriate placement into WRTG A110 or proof of completion of WRTG A090 with a grade of C or better. Completion of WRTG A111 and/or a previous Associate's or Bachelor's degree meets this requirement. Contact the Medical Laboratory Science Department if you have questions concerning the placement scores.
Enrollment in Phlebotomy courses is on a first-come, first-serve basis. Once a student has fulfilled the above requirements, the student can request departmental approval from the Medical Laboratory Science Department.
Prior to enrolling in a practicum (MEDT A195A, MEDT A195B), Phlebotomy students must:
- Demonstrate computer competency in the prerequisite MEDT courses.
- Have completed a background check from the State of Alaska. Contact the Medical Laboratory Science Department for more information.
- Provide proof of personal medical insurance coverage.
- Provide updated vaccination information if required.
- Provide a current certificate in Basic Life Support for Health Care Providers (BLS-HCP) issued by the American Heart Association.