- Degree-seeking student status at the University of Alaska Anchorage. Students are encouraged to declare the AAS Pre-Major Radiologic Technology major. UAS and UAF students must also submit application to become degree-seeking students at UAA.
- Complete the prerequisite course requirements with a grade 'C ' or better by the application deadline. Students are strongly encouraged to complete all General Degree Requirements prior to the application deadline.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above including coursework from non-UA colleges or universities. Students with a cumulative GPA below 3.0 may request an Exception to Policy. Exception to policy requests must be turned in by April 15 of application year for processing prior to application date. Please contact the department of Medical Imaging Science at (907) 786-6929 for additional information.
- Complete and submit application to the Radiologic Technology Program by the application deadline.
Department Application Requirements
2. Complete eight (8) hours of clinical observations at an approved imaging center. Applicants will be required to upload a copy of a completed and signed Observation Form to the AAS Radiologic Technology web application. Re-applicants must complete and submit proof of an additional eight (8) hours of clinical observations.
3. Complete the required Immunization Record. Current UAA students are strongly encouraged to use the UAA Student Health & Counseling Center's online portal for tracking. Non-UAA students without access to the online portal must contact the department 907-786-6929 for an alternate method of submittal. Shot records will not be accepted. Applicants will be required to upload a copy of a completed and signed immunization form or a printout of completed immunization record from the UAA Student Health & Counseling Online Portal.
4. Complete required application essays. All applicants are required to submit two essay as part of the application process. Essays will be submitted in a text box in the application. Applicants are encouraged to draft essays in a word processing program and copy and paste the text into the web application.
In order to view PDF files on your computer, you must have a PDF reader program installed. If you do not already have such a reader, you can download a free reader at Adobe's website: Download Adobe Acrobat Reader Software
May 15, 2017
2017 Interview Dates
May 25 and 26, 2017
Anchorage, Fairbanks, Kenai, Sitka, and Ketchikan
March 22, 2017