You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
15 Students Selected Each Year
New On-Campus Lab Facilities Built in 2018
13 Clinical Affiliations Statewide
Affiliation with the Largest Trauma II Center in AK
- 63-credit Associate of Applied Science degree
- Unlimited, year-round acceptance for pre-major program
- Annual, competitive selection process for full-major program
- Full-time enrollment on the UAA Anchorage campus required for one year
- Students complete clinicals alongside working professionals in local hospitals and surgery centers.
What is a Surg Tech?
Surgical technologists, otherwise known as scrub techs, are operating room specialists
who perform specific duties for pre-, intra-, and postoperative case management. Surgical
technologists must be knowledgeable in asepsis and sterile technique, and must be
able to properly care for instrumentation, equipment and supplies. Surgical case
management, wound care and closure, and surgical patient care and safety all fall
within the realm of the surgical technologist’s responsibilities
Retention Rate: 100%
Graduation Rate: 100%
Certification Rate: 100%