Schedule an Appointment
Academic advising is available, unless otherwise indicated, through scheduled appointments. Our professional academic advisor with School of Allied Health is available to meet students on a one-on-one basis to discuss a wide range of academic topics including program requirements, short and long term academic and career plans, competitive selection processes, financial aid eligibility, and more.
What you need to know:
- The allied health programs academic advisor sees students Mondays from 1-5pm and Tuesday through Friday from 10am to 5pm.
- Faculty advisors have more limited schedules than the allied health programs academic advisor.
- Unless otherwise specified, appointments for Carey Brown and Lynda Hernandez are held at the Professional Studies Building, Room 212 on the University of Alaska Anchorage main campus.
- Phone appointments are available upon request.
- New Students: Advising appointments are most productive when Math and English placement tests are complete and/or transfer credits have been evaluated.
Do I need an advising appointment?
Have a quick question? You may not need an advising session. You can call or email us with quick questions. If you need further academic planning such as an academic plan in degreeworks, further exploration of one of our academic programs, need a financial aid appeal, etc. then you need to book an appointment.
Book an Appointment
- Identify who your advisor is and their preferred method for appointment booking.
- Contact the advisor by phone, email, or using their online appointment booking system.
- If booking by email it is helpful to provide full name, student ID number, and general time availabilities over the next week. Very specific day and time availabilities (i.e. tomorrow at 10am) are generally difficult to accommodate based on teaching schedules and existing booked appointments.
Who's My Advisor?
|Academic Program/Major||Contact Name||Contact Method|
|Dietetics and Nutrition||Carey Brown||Call or email to book an appointment at
907-786-4417 or email@example.com
|Diagnostic Medical Sonography||Lynda Hernandez||
|Fire and Emergency Services||Lynda Hernandez||
|Medical Assisting||Carey Brown||
Call or email to book an appointment at
|Pharmacy Technician and Pre-Pharmacy (PharmD)||Lynda Hernandez||
|All other allied health majors (Prospective, new, and established Pre-Majors)
Allied Health Majors include: Certified Nursing Assistant, Dental Hygiene, Dental Assisting, Medical Laboratory Science, Medical Office Coding, Physical Therapist Assistant, Radiologic Technology, Surgical Technology
Looking for another health program advisor? View the College of Health Academic Advising Contacts website for additional advising resources.
Not a pre-health student? View the UAA Advising webpage for information for other college advisors.
Still not sure who you should be meeting with? Please call the Who's My Advisor Hotline at 907-786-1000 for additional assistance.