Social Welfare Studies
Students majoring in another subject who wish to minor in Social Welfare Studies must complete the following requirements.
A total of 18 credits are required for the minor.
- SWK A106: Introduction to Social Welfare (3 credits)
- SWK A206: Introduction to Social Work (3 credits)
- SWK A243: Cultural Diversity and Community Service Learning (3 credits)
- SWK A342: Human Behavior in the Social Environment (3 credits)
- SWK A406: Social Welfare: Policies and Issues (3 credits)
- Upper division Social Work electives (3 credits)
If you are interested in obtaining a minor in Social Welfare Studies and would like more information, please contact our office for an advising appointment at 907-786-6900.