Faculty & Staff
The Social Work faculty is composed of academically strong individuals who are working together to develop an active, dynamic school.
These individuals have a wealth of BSW and MSW educational experience, involvement with professional associations nationally and locally, rich records of service and scholarship, and a wealth of knowledge and experience regarding Alaska's unique needs and populations and social work practice in Alaska.
DIrector and Professor
Donna Aguiniga, PhD., MSW
Mary Dallas Allen, PhD., MSW
Associate Professor and MSW Program Coordinator
Tracey Burke, PhD., MSW
Alexa Filanowicz, MSW LCSW
Term Assistant Professor and BSW Field Coordinator
Vanessa Meade, Psy.D., MSW, LCSW
Elizabeth Sirles, PhD., MSW
Kathi Trawver, Ph.D., LMSW
Professor and BSW Program Coordinator
Stephanie Vaughn, MSSW, LCSW
Term Instructor and MSW Field Education Coordinator
Jordan Lewis, CPG, MSW, PhD.
Director, National Resource Center for Alaska Native Elders
Heidi Brocious, PhD, MSW
Amana Mbise, PhD.
Multicultural Postdoctoral Fellow
- Roles & Education
- Trauma and Crisis Intervention
- Veterans and Military
- Alternative Treatments for Mental Health
- Animal-Assited Interventions
- Scale Development
- Student Veterans
- University of Denver, Graduate of Social Work - Doctor of Philosophy, November 2018
- Boston College, Graduate School of Social Work - Master of Social Work, May 2010 - Concentration: Clinical Mental Health
- Tufts University - Bachelor of Arts, February 2005 - Major: Psychology
Program Assistant and Travel Coordinator