Alaska AHEC Scholar's article about improving Alaska's communities through healthcare.
College of Health News
Dietetics and Nutrition associate professor Amanda Walch discusses how the soon-to-be-expanded Seawolf Food Pantry makes food available to all UAA students.
College of Health graduate Alex Chamberlin discusses his journey after completing his paramedic degree with the University of Alaska Anchorage.
The Alaska Victimization Survey (AVS) released a new report about the health of women who have experienced Intimate Partner Violence (IPV). Physical violence is a part of IPV, but it also includes things like controlling behaviors, threats of harm, and inflicting harm against people and things an intimate partner cares about. Dr. Ingrid Johnson with AVS told the Alaska Beacon these sorts of behaviors can have a lasting impact.
- Behavioral Health
- Climate Change
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Forensic Care
- Workforce Development
- Department of Human Services
- Division of Population Health Sciences
- Justice Center
- School of Allied Health
- School of Nursing
- School of Preventive & Therapeutic Sciences
- School of Social Work
CENTERS & INSTITUTES
- Alaska Center for Rural Health and Health Workforce
- Center for Human Development
- Child Welfare Academy
- Interprofessional Health Sciences Simulation Center
MEDIA INQUIRIES / STORY LEADS