College of Health
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, Marketing, University of Nevada Las Vegas (2007)
- Bachelor of Arts, Journalism and Media Studies, University of Nevada Las Vegas (2007)
- Certified Digital Marketing Professional (2022)
Jordana is a communications coordinator with the College of Health, specifically for the Division of Clinical Health Sciences which houses the School of Nursing and the School of Allied Health.
Jordana graduated from the University of Nevada Las Vegas with a B.S.B.A in Marketing and a B.A. in Journalism and Media Studies. During her time in Las Vegas, she was the editor for Today in Las Vegas magazine and the contributing editor for I Love Las Vegas magazine, where she was responsible for maintaining and raising awareness of the publications, as well as writing content that would be seen by visitors and locals in the area.
Upon moving back to her home state of Alaska, Jordana accepted a job with KTUU Channel 2 News as a news producer, where she was responsible for researching, interviewing, and writing stories for the daily newscast. Along with her background in writing and communication, Jordana was the publication and program support specialist for the School of Allied Health where she was responsible for maintaining the website and social media accounts for the programs, as well as creating content for media distribution.
During that time, Jordana became familiar with the College of Health programs, as well as the different departments within the University of Alaska and how they work together to create a successful organization. She joins the communications team with established relationships and an understanding of the various programs, as well as considerable knowledge in writing, website editing, social media, marketing, media relations, and communication.
When she is not working, Jordana enjoys spending time with her loved ones, traveling, and giving back to the community. She was born and raised in Anchorage and enjoys the beauty the state has to offer with activities such as hiking, biking, and glamping in the summer. Jordana's favorite quote that she tries to remind herself every day and teach her children the value of is "There are three ways to ultimate success: The first way is to be kind. The second way is to be kind. The third way is to be kind." (Mister Rogers)
Career History/Work ExperienceEmployment
- Communications Coordinator, UAA College of Health (2020-present)
- Publication and Program Support Specialist, UAA School of Allied Health (2013-2015, 2018-2020)
- News Producer, KTUU Channel 2 News (2008-2013)
- Editor, Today in Las Vegas Magazine (2008-2008)
- Sales Marketing Associate, Harrah's Entertainment (2007-2008)
- Marketing Assistant/Contributing Editor, I Love Las Vegas Magazine (2006-2007)
- Goldie Award Winner, Best Newscast - Channel 2 Newshour (2012)
- Goldie Award Winner, Best Newscast - Channel 2 News 5:00 Report (2011)
- American Marketing Association, Member (2022-present)
- Anchorage Museum, Member (2019-present)
- The Rotary Foundation, Paul Harris Fellow Recognition (2018)
- Women's Power League of Alaska, Board Member (2018-2020)
- Alaska Museum of Science and Nature, Annual Fundraising Event Volunteer (2009-2013)
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Alaska, Big Sister (2008-2010)
- Association of Students in Communication, Member/Vice President (2005-2007)