Program and Student Learning Outcomes
Associate of Applied Science
View Course Catalog
- Demonstrate effective communication, both orally and in writing.
- Create construction project cost estimates. (Uses BSCM SLO)
- Create construction project schedules. (Uses BSCM SLO)
- Demonstrate the ability to use current technology related to the construction process.
- Interpret construction documents (contracts, specifications, and drawings) used in
managing a construction project.
- Apply basic principles of construction accounting.
- Use basic surveying techniques used in building layout.
- Discuss basic principles of ethics in the construction industry.
- Identify the fundamentals of contracts, codes, and regulations that govern a construction
- Recognize basic construction methods, materials and equipment.
- Recognize basic safety hazards on a construction site and standard prevention measures.
- Recognize the basic principles of structural design.
- Recognize the basic principles of mechanical, electrical and piping systems.