Program and Student Learning Outcomes
Construction Management, Bachelor of Science
View Course Catalog
- Create oral presentations appropriate to the construction discipline.
- Create a construction project safety plan.
- Create construction project cost estimates.
- Create construction project schedules.
- Analyze professional decisions based on ethical principles.
- Analyze construction documents for planning and management of construction processes.
- Analyze methods, materials, and equipment used to construct projects.
- Apply construction management skills as a member of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Apply electronic-based technology to manage the construction process.
- Apply basic surveying techniques for construction layout and control.
- Understand different methods of project delivery and the roles and responsibilities
of all constituencies involved in the design and construction process.
- Understand construction risk management.
- Understand construction accounting and cost control.
- Understand construction quality assurance and control.
- Understand construction project control processes.
- Understand the legal implications of contract, common, and regulatory law to manage
a construction project.
- Understand the basic principles of sustainable construction.
- Understand the basic principles of structural behavior.
- Understand the basic principles of mechanical, electrical and piping systems.