On Dec. 11, our Facilities and Campus Services team was made aware of a pothole that shut down the westbound lanes of Northern Lights Boulevard between UAA Drive and Career Center Drive. It has since been upgraded to a sinkhole, and the lanes will remain closed for an undetermined amount of time while crews repair the damage. We anticipate the closure will extend through the week.
Finals week is a very stressful time for students. Students, please know that your professors have been made aware of the situation. Please communicate with them any delays you may experience due to this issue. We know this is an unexpected traffic challenge. Please take a deep breath. We want you to have a smooth and safe finals week.
The Graduate School at the University of Alaska Anchorage provides leadership and administrative support for all UAA graduate programs. The Graduate School acts to sustain and improve the quality of graduate education at UAA through the following:
- Providing support for faculty development and scholarship
- Providing support for graduate student research and scholarship
- Working with faculty in schools and colleges to strengthen and assure the quality of graduate programs
- Advocating on behalf of faculty and students in UAA’s graduate programs
- Facilitating the growth and development of new graduate programs and interdisciplinary scholarship
- Providing leadership and visibility for UAA’s current and future graduate program directions
- Providing leaders on defining workload issues for research activities that have a teaching component (e.g., service on thesis and dissertation committees, research mentorship, independent research projects)