On Dec. 11, our Facilities and Campus Services team was made aware of a pothole that shut down the westbound lanes of Northern Lights Boulevard between UAA Drive and Career Center Drive. It has since been upgraded to a sinkhole, and the lanes will remain closed for an undetermined amount of time while crews repair the damage. We anticipate the closure will extend through the week.
Finals week is a very stressful time for students. Students, please know that your professors have been made aware of the situation. Please communicate with them any delays you may experience due to this issue. We know this is an unexpected traffic challenge. Please take a deep breath. We want you to have a smooth and safe finals week.
Office of Undergraduate Research
A division of the University Honors College, the Office of Undergraduate Research and Scholarship (OURS) bridges the boundaries between learning and discovery. It is devoted to undergraduate accomplishment through inquiry, discovery and creativity across all disciplines and within a global community of scholars. By fostering inspired teaching and engaged student learning, OURS advances the involvement of UAA students in research and creative activities—whether they be independent or with UAA faculty.
- To engage in undergraduate research with a faculty mentor
- To ask important questions and learn to solve new problems
- To pursue an interest in chosen discipline(s)
- For the prestige of recognition in the form of scholarships, fellowships, internships and awards
- To take full advantage of the opportunity to learn all that an undergraduate education offers
- To take the first step toward post baccalaureate education and career goals
OURS supports a wide variety of multidisciplinary and interdisciplinary research, creative activities, and presentation and learning opportunities for UAA undergraduate students, including mentoring and campus coordination for Major Scholarships.