UAA is a Statewide Quality Matters (QM) Consortium subscriber providing all UAA faculty and staff access to the QM rubric and related resources, informal and QM recognized peer reviews as well as professional development opportunities.
- Are you new to teaching online or been teaching the same course online for several years?
- Do your students have the materials they need to meet your course outcomes?
- How do you ensure student success in online learning environments?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, Quality Matters can help assure the quality of your online and blended course design.
For more information, contact our UAA Quality Matters Coordinator, Debbi Canavan.
"Quality Matters (QM) is a faculty-centered, peer review process that is designed to certify the quality of online and blended courses. QM is a leader in quality assurance for online education and has received national recognition for its peer-based approach and continuous improvement in online education and student learning. QM subscribers include community and technical colleges, colleges and universities, K-12 schools and systems, and other academic institutions." (Quality Matters, 2016)
There are three primary components in the Quality Matters Program: The QM Rubric, the Peer Review Process and QM Professional Development.
- Continuous process designed to ensure all courses eventually meet expectations.
- Centered on research, student learning and on quality.
- Collegial faculty-centered process with balanced and constructive feedback.
- Collaborative team-based peer reviews, including the course developer.
Academic Innovations & eLearning
UAA/APU Consortium Library, 215 | 3211 Providence Drive | Anchorage, Alaska 99508
(907) 786-4496 | firstname.lastname@example.org | Mon–Fri, 8a–5p