We believe that "a commitment to teaching is a commitment to learning" and those who continuously make an effort to commit to their own professional development should be supported and recognized. We strive to encourage community within and throughout the UAA system and beyond. We believe that social connections and mentorship is at the heart of positive and successful teaching and learning experiences. Come and join our learning community.
Select "Look for more" to populate the calendar
View the full workshops page here
Learn how to:
- Create pedagogically sound face-to-face and/or online courses
- Implement online course design and redesign processes
- Adopt eWolf ePortfolio, Blackboard Learn and/or Blackboard Collaborate tools in course design and facilitation
- Identify and integrate accessibility standards for online materials and resources into course design
- Adopt Quality Matters standards for online course development
What's Happening Now?
Calling all Fellows...
This year the Technology Fellows program will focus on community and mentorship. We will meet September 15th, to brainstorm, discuss projects and research and formulate ways to continue collaboration efforts to support online teaching and learning at UAA.
Please REGISTER HERE to participate in the getting ready survey, add thoughts and ideas of how the Tech Fellows community may assist your online teaching and learning or research projects as we move forward together in this journey. If you have questions please contact Lara Madden at email@example.com
Current faculty featured:
- Naomi Everett, Chef, Community & Technical College
- Toby Long, Assistant Professor of Chemistry, Kenai Peninsula College
- Elizabeth Dennison, Professor of History, College of Arts & Sciences
- Dr. Veronica Howard, Assistant Professor of Psychology, College of Arts & Sciences
Nominate a Fellow's Project for the Showcase:
UAA's Teaching Academy Events are supported by UAA's Center for Advancing Faculty Excellence (CAFE), Center for Community Engagement and Learning (CCEL), and Academic Innovations & eLearning (AI&e). The events are open to all UAA faculty. Events are available in-person and virtually, using either Blackboard Collaborate or Google Hangouts on Air, please see the events site for locations and virtual session links.
Each November, during National Distance Education week, AI&e helps to coordinate the eTech Fair. The event was created by the eLearning Workgroup at UAA and has been expanded to include the iDesign Statewide Instructional Design experts from UAA and across the State of Alaska. Join us for the next event coming up in November.
Collaborative Learning Communities
We strive to encourage community within and throughout the UAA system and beyond. We believe that social connections and mentorship is at the heart of positive and successful teaching and learning experiences.
PRESS ENTER HERE FOR A NEW LINE->PRESS ENTER HERE FOR A NEW LINE->
Academic Innovations & eLearning
UAA/APU Consortium Library, 215 | 3211 Providence Drive | Anchorage, Alaska 99508
(907) 786-4496 | firstname.lastname@example.org | Mon–Fri, 8a–5p