UAA Teaching Academy Events
UAA's Teaching Academy Events are supported by UAA's Center for Advancing Faculty Excellence (CAFE), Center for Community Engagement and Learning (CCEL), and Academic Innovations & eLearning (AI&e). The events are open to all UAA faculty. Events are available in-person and virtually, using either Blackboard Collaborate or Google Hangouts on Air, please review the schedule for locations and virtual session links. See Academy Event Resources for past event sessions, recordings and resources.
- Event Description & Location
- August 22, 2017
- August 23, 2017 Evening Sessions
- Additional Opportunities: August 24 & 25, 2017
Select the titles of the sessions to review descriptions
Select sessions will have a Blackboard Collaborate or Google Hangout link.
- If you have not used BB Collaborate on your computer before, use this SYSTEM TEST LINK to check your system requirements and configure your system. We recommend you do this at least one day prior to the event so you can get assistance if needed.
- First Time Users should also watch this Participant Orientation video and save or print the Quick Reference Guide.
- If you have issues with setting up Collaborate, call IT Services at 907-786-4646 for additional assistance.
- If you have not used Google Hangouts before, visit Join a Hangout.
- All Google Hangout links will be found within each session invite in the daily schedule list located above.
- If you are using the calendar you can also log in by selecting "Join Video Call" from within the calendar invite.
- You can join a Google Hangout without a camera or mic, but you must have speakers to hear the meeting.
For Additional Assistance
- (907) 786-4646, Option 1
- (877) 633-3888, Option 1