Community Engaged Student Assistants
CCEL provides UAA Administration Scholarships (formerly Tuition Awards/Waivers) for
students to serve as assistants to faculty in their community-engaged teaching, research,
or creative activity.
What is a Community Engaged Student Assistant (CESA)?
Community Engaged Student Assistants (CESA) support students, faculty, and community partners in four key areas:
- Developing community partnerships with faculty;
- Recruiting, placing, training and coordinating service-learners for courses;
- Developing creative projects, applying technical expertise, and collecting research data;
- Providing direct service/research to the community partner(s).
Current CESA Opportunities:
CCEL is now accepting faculty applications for the Fall 2017 semester CESA Program.
- Download and review the CESA Faculty Application Guidelines for Fall 2017
- Submit proposal (2-4 pages) in electronic format via the CCEL dept. email address email@example.com
Application Deadline: Friday, August 25 by 5:00 p.m.
Note: Faculty must apply for each semester that they would like to request a CESA award.
For questions or more information, please contact the CCEL office at 786-4062 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Learn about past CESAs and their faculty community-engaged projects:
In order to view PDF files on your computer, you must have a PDF reader program installed. If you do not already have such a reader, you can download a free reader at Adobe's website: Download Adobe Acrobat Reader Software