Good news, Seawolves! The Administration/Humanities Building is officially open for normal business and classes as of Monday, Oct. 14. Thanks to faculty and staff for their flexibility working from temporary locations and students for their flexibility attending courses in alternate classrooms.
Special thanks to our amazing Facilities and Campus Services team and partners AMC Engineers, Vannoy Electric, North Form and Lake View for their work to get the building back up and running so quickly.
Webinars - Recordings - Handouts
Effectively Teaching UAA's Military & Veteran Students Recording August 2011
Millennials in the Classroom with Neil Howe March 2011
Making Learning Visible (SoTL)
Winter Teaching AcademyJanuary 2017
Balancing Acts: Elderly Parents & Long Distance Care Giving May 2010
State Support for AK Native Issues Public Policy Debate February 2009
Grant Proposal Development with Tana Mrystol August 2014 IDEA Workshop with John Petraitis 2012
Open Educational Resources and Creative Commons with Cable Green
- A Conversation with Cable Green of Creative Commons (Recorded November 2014)
- Open Educational Resources - A search engine that helps you find openly licensed (free to use and revise) media elements (photos, graphics, videos and audio) and educational content (full courses, workshops, textbooks, tests and assessments)
- OpenStax College - A nonprofit organization sponsored by Rice University offering free textbooks that are developed and peer-reviewed by educators. "Through our partnerships with companies and foundations committed to reducing costs for students, OpenStax College is working to improve access to higher education for all."
- Open Science - A science open access blog with links to books and articles that are published under the Creative Commons licensing.
- Public Library of Science - A nonprofit publisher and advocacy organization founded to accelerate progress
in science and medicine by leading a transformation in research communication. Provides
Creative Commons license to the works they publish.