CAFE has supported faculty writing groups and offers faculty workshops on grant funding and grant writing wherever possible. To be aware of upcoming opportunities, make sure you are signed up for the UAA Faculty listserv and look for announcements from CAFE.*
Consortium Library- gain access to online resources to help identify relevant grants and set up alerts for grants in given areas.
- Grants & Foundations Guide- Collection of free access materials on grants, fundraising, proposal writing and managing nonprofit organizations through UAA/APU Consortium Library; affiliated with the national Foundation Center organization
- SMARTS/GENIUS - Funding notification system that allows you to build a profile of your research interests, which is matched daily against the SPIN database.
Institutional Research- access UAA data and reports about student characteristics, student enrollment, and student success.
Office of Research & Graduate Studies- identify research opportunities, awards, and funding trends.
Office of Sponsored Programs- as Principal Investigators, receive assistance with the proposal development process.
Institutional Review Board – become informed about UAA policies and procedures for the conduct of research involving human subjects
Office of Research Integrity & Compliance- learn about policies and practices related to grant funding and financial support
Research with Students
Undergraduate Research- learn how to inspire and engage your students in research
Recent CAFE Events
- What you should know before submitting Faculty Development grant applications
- Find that Grant!
- Accountability, Productivity & Support: Setting up a Writing Group
- Pursuing Funding in the Humanities
- New Faculty: Funding your Research
- Competing for Funding from NSF
- Competing for Funding from NIH
- Faculty Writing Retreat
- Grant Proposal Basics at UAA
- The Power of Patents
- Faculty Writing Groups: How to Set One Up
- Advice to New Faculty (book and writing group)