Academic Planning - 2015
In January 2015 Provost Gingerich asked the academic deans to consider what UAA might look like in five years with reduced resources. The discussions that have emerged and the processes that have been established are likewise crucial. For the Provost, creating a framework for making difficult decisions is as important as drafting the document.
After extensive deliberation by the academic deans in Spring 2015, the scope of discussion was broadened to include the Community Campus Directors and representatives from the Faculty Senate leadership in Summer 2015. The resulting document provides focused criteria to guide the Provost, Deans, and Campus Directors as they make difficult budgetary decisions appropriate to their unit while staying true to our core values and mission.
A discussion draft of this document was completed in July and the working group, directed by Bart Quimby at the request of the Provost, has taken the document to every UAA college and community campus for discussion and comment. We have received and reviewed the feedback, considered the possibilities, and produced a refined draft.
This site documents the development of the Academic Planning Document.
T. Bart Quimby, P.E., Ph.D., F.ASCE
Professor Emeritus of Civil Engineering
University of Alaska Anchorage College of Engineering http://www.bgstructuralengineering.com/
- 10-08-2015 Academic Planning Draft
- 9-26-2015 Academic Planning Draft
- 9-18-2015 Academic Planning Draft
- 9-14-2015 Summary of Comments
- 9-12-2015 College Discussion Summary
- 8-18-2015 Academic Planning Presentation
- 7-20-2015 Academic Planning Draft
- 7-06-2015 Academic Planning Draft
- 6-30-2015 Academic Planning Draft
- 6-08-2015 Academic Planning Draft