University of Alaska Anchorage
Aspire to learn. Invest in students. Evolve your pedagogy.
If you're working on revising your course, instructional designers can help you think through ways to adapt course components and identify academic technologies that will best support you and your students during alternate course delivery. AI&e staff are working remotely. Email the ID team at email@example.com.
- Instructional Strategies and Resources for guides, how-to videos, best practices, and webinar recordings.
- Learning management system: Blackboard is our virtual learning environment. Learn more on our Blackboard Support page and Blackboard Help.
- Productivity: Google Drive and Office 365 are free for UAA students, faculty, and staff. See all UAA Core Tools.
- Web conferencing: Collaborate Ultra and Zoom work well for online class meetings and are built into Blackboard. Learn more about web conferencing.
- ePortfolios at UAA: eWolf ePortfolios work well for team writing, peer feedback, and reflection along with traditional showcase portfolios. See the New Folio 411 or Digication Help Desk.
- UAA faculty have a lot of academic technology tools available to choose from. Compare tools using our new Tools Comparison sheet.
#Pivot, Tech Fellows, and #Pivot 2: The learning continues in our summer learning communities
The Fall Teaching Academy was held August 17-19: Fall Teaching Academy is an annual event designed to provide faculty development and instructional support opportunities before classes start. Sessions were led by faculty and staff colleagues, experts working in faculty development and instructional design, institutional leaders, and more. Save the Date for the Winter Teaching Academy: January 7-8.
Quality Matters workshops "dedicated" for the UA System will be in one-day (6-8 hour) virtual format
- Designing your Online Course, October 9: Register for DYOC
- Improving your Online Course, October 16: Register for IYOC
- Applying the Quality Matters Rubric, October 23: Register for APPQMR
Summer Accessibility Series Recordings
Video Captioning Offer
AI&e is thrilled to offer all UAA faculty access to video captioning for course video, done by humans to the 99% level, at no cost to you or your department. Captioning is done through 3Play Media. The process is simple:
- Log into Blackboard, click UAA tab
- Click My Media (Kaltura)
- Click Add New, Media Upload, choose video file to upload
- Name, add tags, and save
Next, submit your request for captions using this UAA Video Captioning Form. AI&e’s funding for this service has been extended to January 2021.
Screencast-O-Matic is a popular web-based tool that allows you to quickly and easily create screencast videos for instruction. The Pro level version of Screencast-O-Matic has no recording length limit and easy editing options. You can access the AI&e Pro version with these instructions. The free version of Screencast-o-Matic is a great option for your students. Visit the Screencast-o-Matic tutorials for assistance or contact AI&e’s Instructional Designer team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our Creating Videos page includes general information about other tools that you can use to create, caption, and share videos.
UAA Faculty / Staff Calendar